5.15.2012

Change.

If you know me at all, you know that I really, really hate change. Honestly, I shouldn't hate it because it almost always is a good thing, but its still rough for me.

For example, last year at this time I was absolutely DREADING graduation. If I had it my way, I would have frozen time and prolonged graduation for at least a couple months. But hey, if that would have happened, I never would have had the best Summer of my life. I would have never had the time of my life with my best friends on those amazing Summer nights.

And once again, when Summer was ending and it was time for me to move to school, what did I want? Definitely not change. I wanted Summer to last forever. The last thing I wanted was to go to college and have to be resposible and study. But now would you look at that? This last year was one of the best yet and I met some of the most amazing people who I love oh so much.

So why hate change?
Well you see, I have said it before but I will say it again, I absolutely love life.
It somehow always has a way of getting better and better and when change comes, I can't help but think its going to ruin that.

Needless to say, while everyone was so anxious and excited about school ending and finals being over, I was trying to savor every second I could of the end of my freshman year because I just wasn't ready for it to come to an end.

So my roommates and I made a giant bed by combining our mattresses for a sleepover and of course had a fabulous time. :)
 Then we went to Gia's for our last roommate dinner and it was delicious!
 And then we celebrated Rees's birthday.
 And spent the rest of the night playing 4-square with some of my favorite people EVER. It got pretty intense.
 Took my last final, and did pretty good on all of them this semester I'm not going to lie.
 Said some sad goodbyes.
 And some more. These guys are some of the best examples to me. I'm going to miss them so much.
 Leaving Snow Hall for the last time. Snow was oh so good to me and I met some of my best friends there. It will always bring back good memories when I think of it. :)
And I'm done! Levi and I leaving Logan to move HOME! It was a great ride home even if Levi didn't appreciate it as much as me. :) I took my favorite way out of Logan while the windows were rolled down listening to my favorite Summer country music.

And that's it! I am officially done with my freshman year, and let me tell you, it was grand.
Like I said, I met some of the most incredible people. My roommates are some of my best friends and I already miss them. I felt like I grew a lot as a person this year.
Being on my own taught me so much and I realized that I really can take care of myself! Don't get me wrong, I definitely went to my parents for help more than once or twice, but for the most part, I feel like I am definitely more of an adult than I was last year at this time.

This time in life is definitely a time of self discovery which no doubt has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Freshman year = success.