Yesterday was one of those perfect summer nights.
It ended by watching a movie at the park. Can life get any better?
The movie was The Muppets which I had never seen before. As it turns out, I love it.
In the movie, Gary said something towards the end that really caught my attention.
He said:
"Sooner or later you gotta believe in yourself, because
that’s what growing up is. It’s becoming who you want to be"
If you know me at all, you know that I hate the idea of growing up. Who wants to leave the carefree teenage years and have some real life responsibility? Not me.
But the more I "grow up", the more I realize that its really not so bad. In fact, it's exactly what Gary said it is. It's becoming who I want to be.
And let's be honest, that can be a little scary. But at the same time, it feels good. There is something about feeling somewhat in control of the person you will be someday and working towards becoming that person every single day.
Who knew the Muppets could be so deep? :)
But for now, I'm not going to live in the future, but live in the moment I am in right now and enjoy it as much as I can. And when growing up comes my way, I will take it with a grin on my face because that means I am becoming the person I want to be.