3.22.2011

My Unicorn.

 I found it.
 Have you found YOUR unicorn?
 If you have never had the amazing Mr. Burt as a teacher, you probably are wondering what in the world I am talking about.
Well let me explain. Burt is one of the most amazing teachers you will ever meet. He not only taught me human bio, but he taught me about life. You see, every year when our school does the food drive, Mr. Burt gets REALLY into it. He is determined to be the teacher with the most cans by the end of the week. He does a lot of things to motivate students to bring in cans, but one thing he does is talk to us about unicorns. Yes, unicorns.
He explained to us that we all want unicorns to be real. We tell stories about them and try to convince ourselves that they are real. And we try to find them. Then he goes on to tell us that we all have unicorns in our lives that we are trying to find. Something we want so bad that we can almost touch it, but we don't have it quite YET. He had us think of what each of our unicorns were. He said that our unicorn could be getting into a certain college, it could be a person, it could something we have dreamed of doing since we were little. He told us that his unicorn was to win the can drive. :) And that was when I realized what my unicorn was. And I had to FIND IT. :)
My Unicorn was to be an Ambassador for Utah State University.

Ever since I knew there was such thing as an ambassador for USU, I wanted to be one. I just never realized how badly I really wanted to be one until that day in Mr. Burt's class. And so it began.
 After taking lots of pictures, and having some late nights with my amazing mom, my portfolio was finally finished. I turned it in and got a phone call a couple weeks later saying that I was one of the 115 people chosen out of the 540 to have an interview, and then 20 would be selected from the 115 to be the Ambassadors. Long story short, I had my interview and then they called me to come up again and they surprised me by telling me that I did it! I was chosen to be an Ambassador for USU! Lets just say that that was a VERY good moment in my life. College is going to be a BLAST. I have found my unicorn and I could not be happier.

My only problem now is that I need a new unicorn. :)