1.21.2009

Challenge Day

Yesterday my school had challenge day and it was one of the most amazing days of my life! It is hard to explain what it is but it is where there is about 100 kids and 40 adults. We played alot of fun games, danced, watched the teachers go crazy, and we got into families and really opened up with each other. Each family had 6 people in it and we took turns telling each other our problems and what nobody knows about us. It sounds really cheesy but it was amazing! We just felt so comfortable sharing our problems with people we had just barely met. It was really emotional. It made me realize how great my life is. I felt bad because I didn't have that much to share. It was amazing to hear people, who I thought had everything, tell me about problems in their lives. After that we did a line activity that was a huge eye opener for me. They had a line on the floor, and they would say things, and if you had experienced something that they said, you crossed the line. Like they said, "If you have had an immediate family member, or close friend or relative commit suicide, then cross the line". It was unbelievable how many people crossed the line! I had no idea! They said a ton of things like that, and some people had to cross the line almost every single time! This activity lasted for almost an hour. I only had to cross the line a few times, and it really made me realize how much I take for granted in life. One of my good friends crossed the line so many times. I had no idea that she had been through half of those things! Everyone was crying and hugging each other. Haha I have never hugged that many people in my life! It was an amazing experience though! I just felt so much love for everyone in that room and I barely even knew most of them! We got back into our families and talked and then went and gave hugs to everybody. It was really one of the most amazing experiences ever! Nobody cared who was who, or what their image was, everybody was equal. I hope I can take what I learned yesterday, and remember it and use it to help others.